Is there anything you have seen someone do in Excel and have always wondered how? In this article, you will learn how to set up Excel/Python and Excel/R Integration using Python and R libraries.
Video: Setting up R and Python In Microsoft Excel.
Requirements and availability
You would need to have Microsoft Excel installed on your laptop.
Setting up R and Python in Microsoft Excel
Every day, organizations are trying to make the best use of their data and come up with innovative ways to get valuable insights from them. This has also caused some to explore combining their favorite analytics tools.
Microsoft Excel is a tool used for creating spreadsheets, organizing, and performing analysis on your data. It also comes along with additional features like visualization, advanced cleaning functionalities (Power Query), and pivot tables to name a few. R and Python on the other hand are both programming languages. R is used for statistical computing and graphics to clean, analyze, and graph your data, while Python is for developing web applications, building machine learning models, and carrying out Exploratory Data Analysis on any given data to extract actionable insights.
This would be an innovative way to perform Data Analysis: as one can link data sources with one of these programming languages and have it automate the Data Analysis process. In this article, you will learn how to set up Excel/Python and Excel/R Integration using Python and R libraries.
R and Excel integration
Here are the steps for using BERT (Basic Excel R Toolkit) for Excel R Integration.
- First, you need to open the BERT toolkit Website; https://bert-toolkit.com/
- Click on the download. You will see a Windows installer and complete the installation.
- Once done; head over to Excel, you will see the BERT Console in the Add-in ribbon.
- All you have to do is click on it and Launch it.
Python and Excel integration
Here are the steps for using xlwings for Excel Python Integration.
- First, you can open the xlwings website https://www.xlwings.org/ to go through the beginner’s guide videos on the homepage
- Scroll down and find xlwing CE to access the doc page. The great thing about xlwings is their rich documentation.
- Finally, you need to install the xlwings package using pip. Write the following command in your terminal:
pip install xlwings
Or for Conda
conda install xlwings
- For the Add-in, run the following command
xlwings addin install
Please do read the documentation https://docs.xlwings.org/en/stable/installation.html