Is there anything you have seen someone do in Excel and have always wondered how? Here let us talk about Office Insider for Mac and how to set up your Beta channel.
In this article, you will learn how to set up your update channel for Microsoft Excel for Mac. At the moment, Office Insider for Mac is available for those with a Microsoft 365 subscription in two levels: Beta Channel and Current Channel.
Video: Office Insider for Mac – Setting up Beta Channel or Current Channel.
Requirements and availability
You would need to have Microsoft Excel installed and Consumer subscription licenses.
Office Insider for Mac – Setting up Beta Channel or Current Channel
The Office Insider Program is a program that enables you to get access to early builds of new features and updates. It gives you an exclusive opportunity to give feedback on Microsoft’s latest innovations. Feedback goes directly to Microsoft’s product teams and is used to make Office even better for you and your fellow users.
Join the Program here.
How it works
Here are the steps for setting up your beta Office Insider for Microsoft Insider for mac.
- Open Excel, go to Help and click on Check for Updates.
- The Microsoft AutoUpdate pop up will open; Click on Advanced.
- Click the Update Channel Drop down and change the default (Current Channel) to Beta Channel or Current Channel (Preview).
- Beta Channel is for those who want the latest builds that are still in development and don’t mind the bit of risk involved in using unsupported builds, while the Current Channel (Preview) is for fans who want early access but also want to receive less frequent, more stable updates.
- Review the License Agreement: Click Accept and then click Check for Updates, to download the Insider updates.